Installing Endurance Arena Fibre
You can install our equestrian arena fibre yourself, or use one of our recommended installers. Contact us for details.
Endurance’s carpet fibres are to be used with sand for an optimal arena surface. Our fibres can be added to an existing arena surface, (dependent on condition) or can be added as a new surface, with good quality sand. Contact us if you want any help with arena sand choices.
Install Your Own Arena Fibre
- Before adding Endurance arena fibre, ensure your sand riding surface is a minimum of 15cm (6 inches) deep and of even spread. Also make sure any maintenance issues such as drainage problems have been dealt with.
- Position your bales unopened around your arena. Firstly you need to allocate the amount of fibre needed per square metre (you will have worked this out prior to ordering). If you need help with this, please contact us. The recommend mixing ratio is:
- Showjumping & dressage: 4 to 5kg per square metre.
- Gallops: 2.5 to 4kg per square metre.
You can mark in the sand, the area that each bale is to cover.
- The arena fibres are delivered in tightly packed bales. Take care when opening the bales, as the high tension wires will fly open with force when cut open, so keep your face at a safe distance. Also take care to collect any wires - they are knotted for greater visibility.
- The fibre bales come apart in segments, like hay bales. Each segment should be thoroughly broken up using a straw chopper, or this can be done by hand. Be thorough as any unbroken clumps of fibre could cause a trip hazard. Remove any occasional long pieces of fibre.
- Once you have spread the broken up fibres into an even thickness over the entire arena, soak the entire arena with water. You should notice the change in the fibre, as it loses its fluffy appearance.
- Use a power harrow or stone burier to mix the fibre into the sand at a depth of about 10cm (4 inches). Be careful not to damage the bottom membrane.
- Roll the arena with a tandem roller of up to 80 or 100 (no heavier).
- Finish off with a sand & fibre leveller. (Do NOT use a leveller with grass spring tines.)
We recommend leaving your new arena surface to settle for 3 weeks, but many of our customers just can’t wait & use them immediately!